Windows 8.1 Pro
Built for Business
With the new Windows, you get the best of work and play. Windows 8.1 Pro includes everything in Windows 8.1, plus enhanced features that help you easily connect to company networks, manage your devices, access one PC from another, encrypt your data, and more.
- Get to it all from the new Start screen, even your familiar desktop
- Discover popular and unique apps in the Windows Store
- Personalize with more tile sizes, colors, & backgrounds
- Do more with side by side views of apps and sites
- Access photos & files virtually anywhere with SkyDrive built-in
- Search, browse, and share more securely and quickly
- Protect your data by encrypting it with BitLocker
- Access one PC from another with Remote Desktop
- Connect to your company network with domain join
It Plays as Hard as it Works
Windows 8.1 gives you the power to quickly browse, watch movies, play games, polish your resume, and pull together a killer presentation — all on a single PC. Now you can organize up to three apps on your screen at once in a single view.
The Start Screen
Personalize your Start screen with your favorite news, friends, social networks, and apps. Customizable colors and backgrounds and four different sizes of tiles make your device as unique as you are.
The Apps you Want
In addition to great built-in apps for email, people, photos and video editing – you can also download thousands of popular apps from the Windows Store, including Netflix, ESPN, Skype and Halo: Spartan Assault.
Stay up to date and more secure with Windows Defender, Windows Firewall, and Windows Update.
Windows 8.1 starts up faster, switches between apps faster, and uses power more efficiently than previous versions of Windows, including Windows 7.
Your Familiar Desktop
From the Start screen, you are just a click away from the familiar Windows desktop you know so you can do the stuff you’ve always done.
Multitasking Made Easy
It’s easy to do more at once. Snap multiple apps side by side in a single view for easy multitasking.
Mouse, Keyboard—and now Touch
Windows 8.1 works harmoniously with various types of devices, including touch, mouse-and-keyboard, or both. Whatever kind of device you have, you'll discover fast and fluid ways to switch between apps, move things around, and go smoothly from one place to another.
Your files, Everywhere
Stay connected to your photos and important files and access them on your phone, tablet or PC with SkyDrive. By signing in with your Microsoft account to any of your PCs running Windows 8.1 and you'll immediately see your own background, display preferences, and settings.
You Keep all your Files
If your PC is running Windows 7, your files, apps and settings will easily transfer to Windows 8.1 Pro.
You Keep Familiar Programs
Programs that run on Windows 7 will run on Windows 8.1 Pro.
Your Office. Your Way.
Experience Office at its best on Windows 8 devices. Discover new and better ways to create, edit, and browse—using a keyboard, pen, or touchscreen. Don't forget: Office is not part of Windows 8.
The New Windows
| Windows 8.1 || Pro Pack
|Great Apps built in such as Mail, Calendar, Messaging, Photos, and SkyDrive with many more available at Windows Store.
|Includes Internet Explorer 11 for fast, intuitive, touch-friendly browsing.
|Keeps you up-to-date and more secure with Windows Defender, Windows Firewall, and Windows Update.
|Works with new and existing Windows desktop software including the full Microsoft Office experience (Outlook, SharePoint Designer and more).*
|Comes with Windows Media Player
|Provides enhanced data protection using BitLocker technology to help keep your information secure.**
|Enables you to connect to your PC when you’re on the go with Remote Desktop Connection.
|Connects to you corporate or school network with Domain Join.
Windows 8.1 has new ways for you to personalize your PC, and includes a wave of awesome new apps and services. Work the way you’re used to, and do more at once with more apps. Bing smart search gives you results from your PC, your apps, and the web. Results are in a clean, graphic view, so you can go where you want right from the search results. Open the Windows Store right from your Start screen to browse and download apps for cooking, photos, sports, news, and more.
Great for work and play, Windows 8 tablets and PCs are powerful, stylish, and built to go where you go. Get a Windows 8 tablet or PC now, and you can update to Windows 8.1 for free!
- Search once. Go anywhere Bing smart search gives you results from your PC, your apps, and the web. See results in a clean, graphic view, enabling you to go where you want right from the search results. Play a song, open an app, or call a friend. Just tap and do it!
- More apps to love The Windows Store has a new look, which makes it easier to discover and download new apps. It provides apps for cooking, photos, sports, news, and a lot more – many of them free! Sort by price, rating, and category; find old favorites and hot new apps.
- Make it yours Set up a slide show on your lock screen by picking your favorite pictures. Arrange the stuff on your Start screen so it's just the way you want it. Choose from more tile sizes, more colors, and more backgrounds – including animated backgrounds.
- Built-in cloud storage SkyDrive is free online storage that's built into Windows 8.1. Save documents, photos, and other files to SkyDrive automatically, and access them anytime. You can also manage both local files and SkyDrive files in one place with the included SkyDrive app.
- Fast, full-screen browsing Getting Windows 8.1 means you get the new Internet Explorer 11 (built-in app). Internet Explorer 11 is built for touch, with faster load times, a full-screen experience that includes side-by-side browsing of your sites, and real-time info delivered on your Start screen through live tiles for your favorite sites.
- 1 GHz processor or faster with support for PAE, NX, and SSE2
- 2 GB RAM
- 20 GB available hard disk space
- 1366 x 768 screen resolution
- DirectX 9 graphics processor with WDDM driver
- To use touch, you need a PC that supports multitouch
- Internet access (fees may apply)
- Microsoft account required for some features
- Watching DVDs requires separate playback software
Looking for your product key? The product key is a 25-digit string with a hyphen between each 5 digits. It will say "Product Key" before 25 digits or have an image of a key next to 10 digits with the remaining 15 on the next line below. The Product Key is generally located in the lower left or right corner of the DVD case, on the disc itself, or on a leaflet in the packaging you received